Being a “green” hotel is very important to us and we take great pride in our Environmental Management System and our offering of excellence in customer service. We realise that our day-to-day running of the business can have a negative impact on the environment, but are committed to reducing this impact and consequently gaining tourism sustention in the process, as the following details:
Our Environmental Policy
• To identify and implement new and sustainable measures to minimize the use of energy and the consumption of natural resources; consequently reducing climate change in the process. Furthermore, we will encourage our
guests and staff to “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle” whilst continuing to seek new methods to make this easier for them to achieve.
• To appropriately manage environmental aspects in order to reduce our harmful effects on nature. i.e. Visual impact, waste generation, atmospheric emissions/ noise/ waste waters. We will also seek to increase safety for and promote the health and well being of our employees, community, and guests.
• To follow and enforce local and government legislation/regulations regarding the environment at all times.
• To promote environmental awareness, and understanding through staff training, and communication to all employees and collaborators of the company in order to encourage their active co-operation.
• To keep clients, local community, local government, and environmentally based NGO’s well informed with the objective of motivating them to cooperate in creating an effective relationship to preserve the environment.
• To continually set new environmental objectives and goals and to carry outinternal and external audits in order to guarantee the maintenance and continual improvement of the environmental management system.
• To conserve native plants, local tradition, culture and way of life for sustainable tourism.
We also recognize that our Environmental Policy is dynamic and ever-changing and we must continue to constantly challenge ourselves in order to remain at the forefront of the modern environmental conservation effort.